All homes in Scotland are required to meet the new legislation by February 2022.
Scottish legislation has changed. Introduced in February 2019, the change applies to all households in Scotland and must be met by February 2022. The new Scottish legislation states that an interlinked Fire and Smoke alarm system must be fitted in a property and that there should be adequate Carbon Monoxide protection.
By February 2022, all homes should have
- Smoke alarms in every circulation space on each storey, such as hallways and landings
- Smoke alarms installed in the room most frequently used for general daytime living purpose
- Heat alarms installed in every kitchen
- All smoke and heat alarms should be interlinked
- Carbon monoxide alarms to be fitted where there is a fuel burning appliance or a flue
- This applies to ALL homeowners and landlords